A part of the American Trails Advancing Trails Webinar Series, “The Art of Sustainable Trail Management” will teach attendees the basics behind developing and managing natural surface, shared-used trail systems. Topics ranging from bench cut construction to rolling contour design will be covered. The webinar is geared primarily towards beginning and intermediate level trailbuilders: including volunteers, agency staff, and professional trail crews. The presenter has allotted 30 minutes at the end of his presentation for questions and answers.
Presented by Tony Boone, a professional trail contractor with an extensive background in high adventure outdoor pursuits and cultural resource management. Read Tony’s article: “Sharing our love of dirt: trail building in the Philippines.”
Learn the details of Tony’s 10 Guidelines for Sustainable Trail Planning Design, Construction, and Maintenance:
- Average Trail Grades
- Maximum Tread Grades
- Relationship of the Trail to Sideslope
- Managing Water through Rolling Contour Design
- Understanding Soils and Climate
- Getting into the Head of Users
- Understanding Control Points
- Balancing Nature & Human Impacts
- Creating Synergistic Partnerships
- Understanding Weak Links and the Big Picture!
Please join us for this informative webinar and share this invitation through your networks!
STEPS TO REGISTER AND PAY FOR THE WEBINAR
- STEP 1: PAY FOR THE WEBINAR by clicking the PURCHASE NOW button below. You can also purchase an American Trails membership through the store — just click the “Keep Shopping” link when you see your shopping cart.
- STEP 2: While in our store, if the person attending the webinar and their email will be different than the billing name please include the attendee’s full name and email address in the NOTES section.
- STEP 3: You’re done! The attendee’s email address will receive a separate confirmation email from GoToWebinar containing information about joining the Webinar.
NEW DATE: Thursday, June 28, 2012
TIME: 10:00am-11:30am Pacific / 1:00pm-2:30pm Eastern
COST: $25 American Trails members / $45 non-members
For audio, you have two choices:
- You can call in to the webinar using your telephone, keeping in mind that you will incur long distance charges and/or usage charges (depending on your carrier), or
- So as not to incur long distance charges, you can listen to the webinar using the speakers on your computer (if your computer has that option).