Saying Goodbye To A Faithful Friend

When my older son turned 12, we felt he could handle the responsibility of a dog. So went to the pound to rescue an animal to become part of our family. There were no six-week-old pups on hand that interested him, so we were told to take a quick trot down the older puppy aisle. And as these anxious fellows threw themselves at the cage doors, we came upon one quiet little black lab with soulful eyes and a tail …

Insider BUSINESS SERVICES

This content is reserved for Insiders – readers who subscribe to
PRB (Parks & Rec Business) or Camp Business magazines.

Click here to log in or subscribe
for FREE and receive a FREE Insider account.

For questions or help logging in, call 866-444-4216. Office hours are 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, Eastern Standard

7 comments on “Saying Goodbye To A Faithful Friend

1. Billy Moore on said:

Ron, what an awesome article. Dogs may be the best creature God created. I have had and currently have that special dog. Your article, while being hard to read without shedding a tear, made my day. My dog Crackers will get a special hug today. Thanks

2. Evelyn Shoemaker on said:

You put into beautiful words the touching story of your family member, something I (and many others) have experienced several times over. It does not get easier but we can count on time to be a “heeler”. Our memories will never fade and contnue to make us smile. Thank you for sharing this wonderful story.

3. Chuck Snider on said:

Ron, what a touching and truthful article. I too have a special dog who sounds very similar to Lucca.

Thanks for sharing.

Chuck

4. David Noble on said:

Ron’s story was right in line with the love many of us have felt for our family pets. If you are interested in reading a very entertaining and enlightening book on this issue written from the dog’s perspective, I strongly recommend reading “The Art of Racing in the Rain.” Once you begin reading this book, you will be unable to put it down. It is a must read for all parents who bring a dog into their family’s life.

5. Gail Miller on said:

Thank you Ron for sharing your story. I know exactly what you mean about how our pets tell us when it is time. Animals who share their lives with us are truly healers of the soul.

6. leslie k green on said:

Hello Ron, I loved your story, so touching. Please check out our new site www.fallendogs.com I would love to have your story on there. May I please share your story on our site? Thank you for your time.